Favorite Links to Hurricane Sandy
Sirens ring through ghost-town streets. Car alarms sound. And the gusts of wind through the trees grow stronger.
I’ve heard the term “bunkering down” so many times on the telly I’ve had to turn it off. The same way “inundated” gets exhausted during flood coverage.
Here are some of my favorite links to keeping up with Hurricane Sandy:
- This Google Crisis Map tracks the storm and has fun features to turn on and off: http://crisislanding.appspot.com/crisismap/2012-sandy
- Pictures from NBC News, updated every hour or so: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49560895/displaymode/1247?beginSlide=1
- The NYC hurricane zone map, with mandatory evacuation from Zone A (I’m in the clear!): http://project.wnyc.org/news-maps/hurricane-zones/hurricane-zones.html
- NYC skyline photograph from the New York Times, updated every 60 seconds: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/10/28/nyregion/nyt-webcam.html?smid=fb-nytimes
- Memes! Every event gotta have memes: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/2012-hurricane-sandy